Carol "C.A." King was born and raised in Halton County. She currently resides in Ontario, Canada with her two sons.
After the loss of her loving parents and husband, Ms. King was devastated. She decided to retire from the workforce for a year or two to do some soul searching. It was during this time that writing became her passion. She found she was able to redirect her emotions through her writing and in 2014 decided to publish some of her works.
Today her creation, The Portal Prophecies Series, comes to life.
Book One, A Keeper’s Destiny, Book Two, A Halloween’s Curse, Book Three, Frost Bitten, Book Four, Sleeping Sands and Book Five, Deadly Perceptions are currently available for purchase. Book Six is scheduled for release this fall.
1. What is your most recent book?
This fall the sixth book in my series comes out. That is the final book. You can expect a spin off series, but the main plot of this series comes to an end.
2. Why do you think people would want to read it? What is its most compelling quality?
After losing my mother, father and husband in a short time, I decided to take some time off work and do a bit of soul searching. I have always been a daydreamer with a vivid imagination. One day I started doodling and it turned into a story. I found writing eased the pain. So I kept writing. I knew the stories were good because they had kept me happily daydreaming for years.
|Click here for the |
Reader's Review of
3. Who is your favorite character that you’ve written and why?
4. What is the hardest thing you have to do when you create a character and what’s the easiest?
Names are the hardest. I use placeholder names until the right one comes to me. The easiest part would be personality.
5. How do you deal with writer's block?
I lie down and close my eyes. The story never ends.
6. What is the one book that changed the way you write?
I believe writing is a form of art and as such should only be influenced by one person, that's me.
I am an avid reader and admire every author and artist for that matter. Writing, publishing and marketing is not an easy task. The fact that anyone takes the time to pour themselves into a book for other people to read is an accomplishment that deserves recognition and applause.
7. What is the craziest/nerdiest/geekiest thing you've ever done?
I had my son make me a meme video for a ComicCon.
8. What is one item on your Bucket List that you haven't completed yet?
I have never been a size 8 or smaller. Unfortunately I am going the wrong way to attain this goal. I believe it may now be out of reach. :)
9. If you could spend one week anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I love cruises. I can lie on the bed with the balcony door open. A breeze lightly caressing me, the waves rocking back and forth as I read. It's an amazing feeling.
The mother's day before my husband passed away, he bought me a very small rose plant. when it flowers on special days I know he is with me.
12. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who wants to write but doesn't know where to start?
Did you enjoy this interview? Do you have a question for Carol? Leave it in the comments and I will pass it on to her, and notify you when she answers! Meanwhile, keep an eye on S. D. Ferrell's blog for my interview, coming soon!