Monday, December 16, 2019

A Bookish Blog Hop: Winter Hop 2019! Day 16--A Book You'd Like To Get Gifted For Christmas


"All I want for Christmas is a few great books,
a few great books, 
a few great books...
Gee if I could only have a few great books,
Then I could have a Merry Christmas!"

Erica Robyn www.ericarobynreads.com

Oh boy! I’ve texted my husband photos of so many books I’d love to get for Christmas! I think one at the top of my list is The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King, the pop up version. This is one of my all time favorite books, so when I saw someone posting about a pop up version, it immediately jumped to the top of my wishlist!




Jo Linsdell www.JoLinsdell.com

This is a tough question because I want all the books… literally ALL of them. High up on my list is box sets though. I have a bit of a thing for box sets. I love it when I have a full collection for a series. I also hate it when I buy books from a series separately and end up with different covers or trim sizes. I’d love to get the Harry Potter box set as I’ve yet to read all the books in the series and that’s just not good enough. I’d also like some more series by Rick Riordan. Anyone that knows me knows I’m obsessed with the Percy Jackson series. My box set for that gets pride of place of my shelves. I’d love to read his other series too so the box set of one of those would be awesome.



Leslie Conzatti www.upstreamwriter.blogspot.com

I’m with Jo! I’d love to get all the books. My family was a little bit miffed that my birthday wish list was 90% books… Mostly the remaining books in series where I’d picked up the first book… So of course, the presents I received were the very few NON-BOOK ITEMS on that list…


But chief among them was the complete series of The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman. The covers are just too dang gorgeous, and I freaking loved the first book, haven’t yet read any of the others, but that’s definitely something I’d be overjoyed to find under the tree come Christmas day!

Eline - LovelyAudiobooks.info

I couldn’t quite convince my family what a fantastic gift Audible gift cards are, so I usually just buy my own books. But this year, I’ve added print editions of my absolute favorite Urban Fantasy series, The Imp by Debra Dunbar, to my wishlist. I love these books so very much and it would be great to see them on my bookshelves. There haven’t been many new additions to my shelves in the last couple of years since I have completely embraced digital reading. But I want to change that now and get print copies of my favorites, to support the authors and for the nice feeling of looking at the books I love.



The last couple of months have been really busy for me so I haven’t read as much as I’d like! For that reason, I would love to get a book for Christmas - a beautiful hardcover that I could put on my shelf and stare at… I mean, read. I would love to read The Testaments by Margaret Atwood or Exhalation, the new collection of short stories by Ted Chiang. Either of these would be really meaty books I could sink my teeth into over the summer here in New Zealand.




Becki Svare-A Book Lover’s Adventures (www.abookloversadventures.com)

I feel like I always have a book or two sitting in my Amazon cart just in case anyone wants to buy me a book, lol. So far, no one has magically come in and bought my cart for me, but one can always hope!
Right now the book in my cart is Praying with Jane: 31 Days Through the Prayers of Jane Austen by Rachel Dodge. Another blogger that I follow posted about this book last month, and it drew me in. Not only do I enjoy Jane Austen immensely, but I’ve been wanting a new devotional to read. So, this one seems to fit the bill nicely.


<><><><><><><><><><><><>

What about you? What book would you most like to unwrap on Christmas? Comment and let us know what book you're wishing for!
Follow the Blog Hop via any of the links above for more bookish shenanigans!

3 comments:

  1. These all sound worthy of being on a Christmas wish list! I too very rarely get gifted books... despite having a long list of books I'd like. I wonder why people don't get book lovers more books as presents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Do you all buy books for others? I think I'm that crazy aunt that always buys books for other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I hope everyone gets books under the tree this year! <3

    ReplyDelete