Friday, August 4, 2017

Book Lover's Blog Hop: "What's The Best Read of 2017 (so far)?"


Leslie Conzatti (Me!)

My favorite book that I’ve read so far this year has to be Dangerous Ways by R.R. Virdi.
I started reading his paranormal investigation series, the Grave Report Books, back when I first started blogging, and absolutely adored them. Dangerous Ways makes those books look like small potatoes. Following an Immortal through various Fae realms and through a breakneck adventure protecting an unaware young girl from all sorts of monsters and other means of certain death is no “light reading”, for sure! I loved all the characters, and the unique voice he gives his main narrating character shines beautifully in this book. I am super-excited for anything this author writes!


Jo Lindsell

www.JoLinsdell.com

This is a tough one to answer as I’ve read lots of awesome books this year. It would have to be between The Killing Game by JS Carol, Geekerella by Ashley Poston, and The Girl Before by JP Delaney. I gave all three 5 stars.

The Killing Game and The Girl Before are both psychological thrillers.

In The Killing Game an armed gunman takes control of a restaurant and plays games with it’s rich, and famous customers. This book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through trying to guess who would make it out alive.

The Girl Before follows the story of two women that both come to live in a very particular house. The book jumps between the story of Emma’s past, and Jane’s present with lots of twists along the way.

Geekerella is a romantic comedy that embraces fandoms and geekiness, mixing the tale of Cinderella with a fangirl twist.

Tabitha Caplinger
www.tabithacaplinger.com

I’d have to say UnBlemished and Unraveling by Sara Ella have been favorite reads for me this year. I don’t often get caught up in a book like I did with these two. I can’t wait for the third book in the trilogy.


Just B. Jordan  
www.JustBJordan.com

Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson. It’s the second book in his Stormlight Archive series. If you like epic fantasy, this is as epic as it gets. The writing, the magic system, the charactersit’s fantastic. 






Skye Hegyes 
www.skyehegyes.com

This is a tough one because I’ve read so many good books this year already, but I think my favorites can be marked down to three different ones, and they’re all fairy tale re-tellings. Imagine that. The first is Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge, then Rumpelstiltskin by K.M. Shea, and lastly The Rose and the Mask by Victoria Leybourne. Leybourne and Hodge did a wonderful job putting a new spin on the classic Beauty and the Beast tale, and Shea made me fall in love with Rumpelstiltskin, who is typically a bad guy or at least misunderstood. Not in this case. He’s a good man through and through, and I loved the interpretation in Shea’s work.


Sade Rena

www.saderena.com

My pick for best read of 2017 is In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware. OMG! I don’t usually really crime thrillers, but this book hooked me. It took a few chapters before I really got into it, but once I did, that was it.




V.L. Jennings 
 www.virginialorijennings.com

I haven't had much time to read this year, however, Karina Fabian’s Hearts Over Mind was a much needed great spec fic read after a really tough spring college semester. It capped off an absolutely thrilling adventure that was the Mind Over series. Romance, Adventure, Science Fiction, this entire series has it all. I can’t wait to read some of her other books!


Jebraun Clifford 
 www.jebraunclifford.com

Best read of 2017? Oooh, that’s a difficult choice to make. I think Claudia Gray’s A Million Worlds With You was my absolute favourite it I had to choose only one. Though Kara Swanson’s The Girl Who Could See was also fabulous.



I’ll Eat When I’m Dead by Barbara Bourland  


How about you? What's the best book you've read so far this year? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment