Monday, June 24, 2019

Bookish Summer Blog Hop: "What Was The Last Book Series You Read?"


Since we've answered the question of "series versus stand-alones" this month, I'm sure you all are wondering: "What was the last series we of the Bookish Blog Hops have read?"

Series are fun, pretty much because of the prolonged presence of the same characters we've become familiar with, a long-awaited resolution to some conflict, or just the opportunity to enjoy a larger story than can fit into just one or two books.

It's the intense "hangover" that comes after finishing a long series, where we have to rejoin an existence without those characters, that is sometimes hard to deal with. But we soldier on to find the next one!

Anyway, here's the latest batch of answers from the blog hop!



Views She Writes https://viewsshewrites.wordpress.com

Scottish Bookshop Mystery by Shelton Paige and Witchless in Seattle series by Dakota Cassidy.







Leslie Conzatti (Me!)

Okay, so pretty much the last series I read all the way through, as in finished, not just “I read the next 
book”... was back in 2017, when I finished The Fair Folk Chronicles by Jeffrey Cook and Katherine Perkins. My, what a series that was! I’ve talked about it earlier in the blog hop--It’s such a wonderful series, all the way through! Such imagination, emotion, and marvelous character dynamic… I don’t have a negative thing to say about it, whatsoever!


The real trouble is I’m terrible about reading series. I just feel bad about bingeing the entire plot arc for one group of characters, when there are so many other books out there that I haven’t gotten around to reading yet! So I “space out” the books in a series (a habit, I think, that serves me well when I’m waiting for the next installment in a series that hasn’t been released yet… I find plenty to occupy my time while I’m waiting!) and therefore it takes me forever to finish a series!

Krewe of Hunters by Heather Graham. The series follows FBI special units who investigate crimes that have a paranormal element. Either a ghost is accused of the crime or there is a ghost legend associated with the location or there is a psychic link to a spirit victim. There are several units all over the country and every third book is a new unit.


Jo Linsdell www.JoLinsdell.com

The last series I read was Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I LOVED this series! Each book was an emotional rollercoaster with all the feels. Seriously, you’ll need a box of tissues handy. It was also funny, and touching, and thought provoking. A great cast of characters that I enjoyed getting to know better, and seeing grow as the series progressed. I highly recommend reading all three books.




Valerie, Cats Luv Coffee www.catsluvcoffeez.blogspot.com
While I’ve read newly released books in series that I’ve been following, the only one I’ve binged this year is The Misfit Series by Samantha Foxe. It’s an urban fantasy that follows three people who got attacked by a werewolf and turned. They start their own pack and traverse this new world together. Each book finds them facing a new threat and building their friendship and pack bonds.



So there you have it! Some new series for you to try!
Do you have a recommendation for us? Let us know the last series you finished, in the comments! And don't forget to visit the >Intro Post< for more Bookish Summer Blog Hop fun!
Catch You Further Upstream!

1 comment: