Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Few Of My Favorite Things Blog Tag


Yay! I haven't done a "blog roll" in a while... and recently I discovered that my friend Olivia had tagged me!

Rules:
Answer prompts with the wintery/Christmassy theme in mind. (Bonus points if you include pictures with your answers!)
Tag at least 5 of your blogger-buddies to take part.
Use the title picture I provided above.
Spread the love around!


Questions: 
1. Favorite "Snuggle Weather" books?
As far as "books-I-want-to-read-most-when-it's-all-blustery-and-grey-outside", there are a few that I own that I would read over and over again:

Once by Cameron Dokey, The Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier, Starlight Proverbs by Darren E. Barber, and any of the Mitford novels by Jan Karon.
These are WONDERFUL books and they always give me the "warmfuzzies" inside! So perfect for a cold, dreary day!
 

2.  Favorite wintery snacks?
toootally the BEST. :)
My mom has a lot of "traditional cookies" she ONLY and ALWAYS bakes around Christmastime. This includes "PeterPaul Yummies" (basically homemade Almond Joy), almond roca, peppermint bark, and molasses crinkles.




3. Favorite hot drinks?
I typically go for either a peppermint mocha or hot chocolate. 
 









4. Favorite Christmas movies?
Everybody, this is Bob from Nativity!Meet Bob. He is my favorite. :) 
Last year at the beginning of December, I posted a Hit List of my Top 5 Favorite Non-Disney Holiday Films that also do not revolve around Frosty the Snowman or Santa Claus. Of that list, my all-time favorite has to be Nativity! starring Martin Freeman!






5. Favorite holiday songs?
Christmastime is about the only time I listen to bands like Straight No Chaser, Pentatonix, The Vince Guaraldi Trio, Mannheim Steamroller, and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Just because their Christmas songs are SO. GOOD. My favorite song would have to be Carol of the Bells. Any arrangement of that song is just chill-inducing and fantastic.
The video I'm posting, though, is one of the songs from Straight No Chaser, which, if you haven't heard of them, go listen to their YouTube channel right now! I heard this song... and now it's the only thing I think of when I hear this melody anywhere else. 



6. Favorite snow day crafts?
Knitting is something I like to do! Er... well, okay, "craft-loom-ing"... but I make lots of hats and scarves and it's really fun! (I also made the blanket in the picture... but it took me an entire year to do that one...) Other than that, I love to write and color. I say "color" not "draw" because I can't sketch to save my life... but I love a good coloring book!





 

7. Do You Want To Build a Snowman?

Yes. indeed! Especially if I have a magic-wielding friend to animate him! In all actuality, though, one of my favorite things to do in the snow is to roll a single snowball so big that I can't even move it anymore! I have rolled one almost as tall as my shoulder at least once!

TAGS:

All right... I know it's a little late for the Christmas side of things... but "winter" still applies so here goes! I'm tagging +Kimberly Rogers , +Raven Ramsey , +Ryan Paige Howard , +SarahJayne Coder , and +A Girl With A View ! I look forward to reading all your answers! 

Catch you further Upstream!

No comments:

Post a Comment