Monday, December 11, 2017

Have Yourself A Bookish Little Christmas...


It's time for another Blog Hop! This one is holiday themed, and today's topic is:

What is one book you'd like to find in your stocking this Christmas?
 
Leslie Conzatti (Me!)

I have a very long list of books on my Christmas list this year! Not the least of which is a copy of The Princess Bride by William Goldman (for the second time, actually, since I apparently loaned the copy I owned to someone several years ago, never got it back, and the person who I thought I loaned it to turned out to be incorrect… so I don’t know where it is, so I need it replaced!) but also I would love to get physical copies of the books I don’t have by authors in my network: What We’ve Unlearned: The “Classic Literature Goes Punk” Anthology, Errant Tides by K. M. Vanderbilt, Grave Dealings by R. R. Virdi (I have the ebook, but I’d really like the print copy to go with my copies of the other two!), The Tannis Project by Daryl J. Ball, and Murder in Absentia by Assaph Mehr, to name a few!


Jo Linsdell

There are so many books I’d like to get this year it’s hard to pick just one. I’m going to go with Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. I got a copy of After You a while back. It was super cheap and so I grabbed it, but I want to read them in order. I also want to read them both before I watch the film. With Still Me (the third book) due for release in  January 2018, I really need to get Me Before You.


Belinda Bekkers

My wishlist is too long. I would love to receive a copy of The Gin Closet by Leslie Jamison. I really enjoyed The Empathy Exams and would love to read more of her work. I would also love to receive Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur.




Angela Guidolin

I’d love to find the latest David Icke’s book Everything You Need To Know But Have Never Been Told. His previous books have helped me to make sense of what’s going on in the world because they connect apparently disconnected issues until a bigger picture emerges. Unfortunately, many of the things that David Icke wrote about that were dubbed crazy at the time have come to pass (like the wars against Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan…), proven correct (like when he accused the then Prime Minister Ted Heath of being a paedophile) or are now seriously considered even by mainstream scientists (like the theory of the holographic universe).


Laurie Lucking

I’d love to get The Red Dragon Girl by Lea Doue, which released on November 1st. Lea Doue has just the mix of fantasy, fairy tales, and romance that I adore, and the cover is so gorgeous!!






Skye Hegyes

The list of books I want to read is nearly a mile long, and I’ve begun to seriously appreciate my Kindle app on my phone for that reason. That said, the book I’d like to see under my tree (because it wouldn’t fit in my stocking) the most this year would have to be the Harry Potter Complete Book Series Special Edition Boxed Set by J.K. Rowling because when you line up the spines of the covers, they create an image of Hogwarts, and I think that’s one of the best things in the world.


How about you? What's one book YOU'D love to receive in your stocking? Let us know in the comments! And here's the full schedule of posts for this week, so you know where the hop has been, and where it's going next! 

10th: Belinda Bekkers www.BelindaBekkers.com
Topic: A book you love so much, you want everyone to find it under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it too.

11th: Jo Linsdell www.JoLinsdell.com
Topic: A book cover that has a wonderfully Christmas feel to it.

13th: Casia Schreyer www.casiaschreyer.wordpress.com 
Topic: A fictional character you’d like to spend Christmas with.

14th: Laurie Lucking www.landsuncharted.com
Topic: A fictional character you’d like to kiss under the mistletoe.

15th: Angela Guidolin www.angelaguidolin author.co.uk 
Topic: A fictional creature to replace Rudolph and meet on the roof.

16th: Skye Hegyes www.skyehegyes.com 
Topic: 5 fictional characters you’d invite to your New Year’s Eve party.

No comments:

Post a Comment