Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Bookish Blog Hops' VALENTINES HOP: Day 12!


It is a truth universally acknowledged that every writer begins first as a reader. Slightly less-acknowledged (and not at all tested, researched, or proven in any way) is the theory that the more prolific one's writing habits are, the more wide-spread their reading habits. Take it from us avid book-enthusiasts: "Bet You Can't Read Just One!"


Leslie Conzatti (Me!)

Not kidding… Anybody who knows me, or has followed this blog for the last couple years can attest to the fact that it is nearly impossible for me to focus on reading just one book, any more than I am capable of plugging away at only one project! Already in the last month I had 2 library checkouts I was reading, a book on iBooks I was reading on my phone, and a book on my Kindle Fire! I regularly do multiple books--just because I have so many books I want to read, anyway… and sometimes I’m just not in the mood for certain genres, so I would really like a book in a different genre. I sometimes start multiple books, just to see which one captivates me more than the others, and that kind of decides which order I’ll read the stack in. But yes, I’m somebody who doesn’t leave the library with less than 3 books. I’m the same way as a writer, too… I get restless if I have to be focused on one project for too long, and my creativity threatens to stagnate… so to keep it fresh, I have multiple projects in varying genres to poke away at when the mood strikes!


I used to read one book at a time. I couldn’t make myself start another one without finishing my current read. But ever since I started joining book clubs and buddy reading with friends, I learned how to read multiple books at a time. Usually read 3-5 books. It’s because I can’t read the books for buddy reading and Book Club in one sitting since their chapters are divided for scheduled discussions. There’s also Netgalley ARCs which I tend to read little by little so I don’t have to post the review too soon. So right now, I’m currently reading 5 books; 2 YA books for my Book Club, 1 for buddy reading, 1 Netgalley ARC and 1 that I personally love.

Jo Linsdell www.JoLinsdell.com




I normally only read one book at once so I can concentrate on the story. If I do ever have multiple books on the go at the same time it’s usually from very different genres e.g. a thriller, and a non fiction.





I tend to have two books going at all times. One audiobook that I listen to while I'm at work and one e-book/paperback that I read in my free time at home. I think having the different formats and a definitive split in the times I listen to/read them helps me keep them separate.


I read one at a time, unless I leave that one at home and I am travelling. Now I always have SEVERAL books checked out on my Kindle. But if it’s a good story, I won’t put it down until it is done, or until my husband comes up and says “It’s 3 am Brandy are you sleeping tonight?” Whichever comes first.

How about you? How many books are on your nightstand/devices just now? Let us know in the comments! 
See below for a complete schedule and links to the other blogs. For more Blog Hops featuring The Upstream Writer, click >HERE<



Day 1: Where is your favourite place to read?
Host: Jo Linsdell (www.JoLinsdell.com)


Day 2: Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Host: ME! (You Are HERE)

Day 3: Who gave you your love for reading?
Host: Laura Morningstar (http://sawdustandspoons.com)

Day 4: Who’s your book crush?
Host: Stormi Johnson (www.bewitchedreader.wordpress.com)

Day 5: A book you bought for its beautiful cover that’s just as beautiful inside too.
Host: Sarah Nowicki (www.paranormalpeach.com)

Day 6: A popular theme, or trope you will never get bored of reading.
Host: ME again! (You are HERE!)

Day 7: A loyal sidekick you can’t help but love more than their counterpart.
Host: Brandy Potter (www.brandypotterbooks.com)

Day 8: Full on Romance Books Or Action-Packed With A Few Love Scenes? Host: Brandy Potter (www.brandypotterbooks.com)

Day 9: Love triangles, yes or no?
Host: Brandy Potter (www.brandypotterbooks.com)

Day 10: A book with a heart on the cover?
Host: Jo Linsdell (www.JoLinsdell.com)

Day 11: A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
Host: Kim Jacque (www.writersideoflife.com)

Day 12: One book at a time or several?
Host: ME again! (*You Are HERE!)

Day 13: An author you would love to interview?
Host: Lili Marcus (https://lilisblissfulpages.wordpress.com/)

Day 14: Last book you recommended to someone?
Host: Kim Jacque (www.writersideoflife.com)

Day 15: A fictional world you'd love to visit?
Host: Stormi Johnson (www.bewitchedreader.wordpress.com)

2 comments:

  1. Lili I am impressed. I don't think I'd be able to cope with that many on the go at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could focus on 3-5 books at once!

    ReplyDelete